Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Meet and Greet

Alright, so I'm not off to the best start here since it has been a week since my last (and first) post. Maybe the summer was not the best time to start this new venture. Oh well, I'm going to stick with it as best I can.

Let's do this...

I thought you might want to know a little more about the person on the other side of the computer screen.

  • I'm a newlywed...As I mentioned before my husband and I just celebrated our 1 year anniversary.
  • I'm a Christian...I do not have it all together. Each day I must be reminded of why I am here and who I am serving.
  • I'm a minister's wife....My husband serves as a minister of music in a Southern Baptist Church.
  • I'm a southerner and currently a Texan....I was born and raised in Memphis, TN and as of January of this year we live in East Texas (never would have imagined that one)
  • I'm a student...I am desperately trying to force myself to finish a master's degree in engineering. (Please don't gasp and ask what I plan to do. I'm really not that cool and I have no idea. I'll let you know when I do. )

Ok, those are the big labels. Now for a little more insight:

  • I am a neat freak, everything has its place.
  • I make the bed almost every day.
  • I love dark chocolate.
  • I don't like cleaning toilets or bathtubs or dusting.
  • I'm 5'2". My husband is 6'4".
  • I don't like bananas.
  • I love seafood, raspberry lemonade, and sweet potato fries.
  • We went to Charleston, SC on our honeymoon.
  • I like to check the mail.
  • I am very introverted.
  • I am still driving my first car.
  • I desperately want a puppy.
  • I love to sing.
  • I once visited the Grand Canyon in June and it snowed.
  • I like to watch college sports.
  • I enjoy snow skiing and water skiing but haven't been in years.
  • I love caring for and teaching newborns to preschoolers.
  • My first pet was a rabbit named Blossom.
  • My favorite Disney movie is Little Mermaid.
  • I'm always watching HGTV and Food Network.

That's all the time I have for now. I've got to get ready for a 2 hr choir rehearsal tonight.

Soon I'll be back with details of our anniversary getaway.

H,T,&E,

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment