Thursday, July 15, 2010

Free Sample to the Rescue

Another project on my to-do list while Will is away this week was to revamp my floating shelves. I bought these two Pottery Barn shelves at the Countrywood Garage Sale last year. I think I paid around $30 for the two. One is 3' long and the other is 4'. At our last house they hung in our living room.
Before


In our apartment they are hung in our dining area. We have a dark top table with a wrought iron base and wrought iron padded chairs. I thought the light colored wood stood out from the dark pieces to much. Also, I've never been a big fan of light wood.
So, after a quick sand and prime, in came the free sample of Glidden paint that I received in the mail recently...Onyx Black. And drumroll please...

After


I really like the way they turned out. Amazingly I was able to completely cover (minus the back of the 4') with the paint from one 2oz sample. All I had to purchase for this project was a can of spray primer that cost me about $4. Four dollars and a totally new look. I'm pleased.
What can I paint next?
Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment