Thursday, September 23, 2010

Just keep swimming....

Just keep swimming.  Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. 

I first posted this as my facebook status about three weeks ago.  Do you ever feel like you can barely keep your head above water?  Imagine how Dory and Nemo feel.  They can't keep there head out of water.  (I couldn't resist.)

I feel as though I have been riding waves the last couple of weeks.  They come in and they go out.  There are monster, white cap waves and slow, splashing waves.  Some days are great and others are major struggles.  Little annoyances and everyday "life" tasks that individually would not normally interrupt the course of things tend to compound and threaten to bring down the ship. 

Yesterday, following abnormally late nights out, an unusual schedule, and a lack of sleep, I found my ship being broken apart in the office of my insurance agent.  Yeah, I was the one falling to pieces over a billing issue, a very complicated, confusing one might I add. 

Thankfully though, the Lord provides people in our lives to throw out a lifeline and pull us in.  Come to find out, the lady, whose office I had just melted all over, goes to our church.  I was horrified that I had allowed myself to go to that place in front of her.  She, however, was completely understanding, loving, and forgiving.  In that moment I had to let her minister to me.  It was difficult but it was much needed. 
I also have an extremely supportive husband who will bear my burdens on top of all that he is already dealing with.  I am so thankful that I can blubber all over him, we can share with one another, we can take 1am trips to Whataburger for a coke, and drive around town in the quiet night singing choir songs.

One of the songs we sang says this...

Though your vessel be empty
He will supply
For his yoke is easy
He will supply
He will supply
He will supply
Oh, Jesus said that he will supply
...
So my friend don't you worry
He will supply
This is just temporary
He will supply
He will supply
He will supply
....


The things I am dealing with are so small in comparison to the struggles and burdens others find themselves facing today.  This very week in our own church a fourteen year old took his own life.  Even though I did not know him, I am pained by the despair he must have been in to do this.  My heart breaks for what the family is experiencing.

But, this I know...the devil is a liar and a joy stealer, and he has been defeated.  Praise the Lord, my Jesus is the victor.  He is able to do more than I could ever hope for or imagine and I have nothing to fear in Christ.  I am his and He is mine.


1 But now, this is what the LORD says—

he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.


2 When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.


3 For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cush [a] and Seba in your stead.

Isaiah 43: 1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment