Saturday, October 30, 2010

Show Us Your Life: Master Bedroom

A blog that I follow here and there, has been doing a series called "Show Us Your Life:...".  Each week she chooses a different room in her house to feature and others in blog land link up with posts on that room in their home.  I have never participated, but recently we got new master bedroom furniture and I love it so much I want to show it off.  So, here's my own Show Us Your Life: Master Bedroom. 

We were able to purchase the bedroom set thanks to a very generous gift given to us by my sweet grandfather, Poppy, for our wedding.  Yes, it took us almost a year and a half to pick out and purchase a bedroom set.   We looked a couple times early on and almost purchased a set on one occasion, but couldn't quite commit.  When we determined we would be moving we decided to completely put the purchase on hold.  A couple months ago, I got an email from Costco about a furniture sale.  I decided to take a look and when I did, I came across a beautiful set that really fit what I wanted.  It was simple, had classic details, dark wood, and some other very neat features, namely built in storage drawers.  It was top quality, but even with the sale the six piece set was more than I could really spend.  The five piece set was more doable financially, but I was afraid I would always wish I had the chest of drawers that came in the six drawer set.  After agonizing over the decision for a while, I decided to let it go.  Have I ever mentioned that I am indecisive and often times when I do decide I second guess my decision?  Yeah, not so fun.  Well, that's exactly what happened.  So when the same furniture went back on sale recently and I felt like I had to go look at it again, I determined I must really want this set.  But with that decision I made a deal with myself that I would be happy with the five piece set.  After checking with Will, I threw caution to the wind and ordered it.  Ha.  Have you ever heard of such turmoil in picking out furniture? 

It arrived a couple weeks ago, and I could not be more pleased with my decision.  It's lovely and timeless.  Between the under bed storage, the nightstands and the dresser, there is ample storage.  I don't think I'll end up missing the chest.  Another factor contributing to this thought is the size of the furniture and the size of our current room.  The furniture is BIG and our room is not.  It all fits, but just barely.  There is absolutely no way we could have fit the chest in this apartment. 

The size issue is also why I'm going to show you stock photos instead of the actual stuff.  I can't seem to get a good angle and that room doesn't get much natural light.  You'll be able to appreciate it so much more this way. 

So, now that you are completely bored by the lead up to these pictures, here it is:


Sleigh headboard, bun style feet

Two built-in storage drawers
I have several sets of sheets and a couple blankets in these drawers

My nightstand
I'm so glad not to be using a TV tray anymore!

Dresser: All these different drawers are keeping us organized and everything that was in the chest we were using from my home bedroom set fits nicely in here.

Will's nightstand with built in power strip for charging his IPhone and a cute little night light underneath. 

Will didn't have much of an opinion when it came to picking out the furniture.  He wanted me to be happy, such a good husband.  :)   Thankfully, he also loves what I picked. 

One funny thing...because of the built-in storage and almost platform like style, this bed does not require you to use box springs.  But we already had them and decided we would "see" when the furniture arrived.  Well, we quickly "saw" that we would need to get rid of the box springs.  With the box springs, the mattress was about 4ft off the ground.  I needed a step stool to get into bed.  I felt like the Princess and the Pea. 

Thanks to Craigslist we were able to sell the box springs and the metal frame pretty quickly and now we have a little extra money to play with on our next New Orleans trip or for Christmas. 

Thanks, Poppy, for helping us buy our beautiful bedroom set.

Love you.

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment